“The work of forward-thinking companies and innovative project teams such as Irgens are a fundamental driving force in the green building movement.”
Rick Fedrizzi | U.S. Green Building Council
Our Commitment to Sustainability
Irgens is committed to conducting sustainable commercial real estate business in an environmentally-conscious manner. As an active member of NAIOP, the commercial real estate development association, and IREM, the real estate management association, we recognize and uphold the sustainability policies of each organization by embracing a total team commitment to responsible and respectful land use, development and building management. Irgens adopted a company policy concerning sustainability in 2009 and established an internal team to oversee and promote green initiatives. Core objectives included in the policy are to:
- Recognize sustainability as a company priority.
- Perform in a manner that is reasonable and profitable, yet mindful and respectful of our world.
- Integrate efficient and sustainable operating policies, procedures and actions.
- Hold employees accountable for environmental stewardship.
- Educate our clients and project partners and encourage them to make environmentally responsible decisions.
- Communicate our efforts and promote our achievements so we may be an example to others.
As we plan, develop, design, construct, operate and manage facilities, we embrace a total team approach to sustainability and work to achieve measurable results in the following areas:
- Energy Conservation
- Water Conservation
- Waste Management
- Indoor Air Quality
Many of our projects embracing these concepts have received commendations from benchmarking organizations such as LEED, GBI and Energy Star. Additionally, several Irgens’ team members are credentialed by these organizations and can consult with building owners and tenants on how to evaluate and implement energy saving strategies aimed at reducing waste and increasing efficiency.